We are recruiting members who are interested in volunteering to support their colleagues as police friends.
- Support members with advice and guidance on grievances, unsatisfactory performance/attendance, misconduct and complaints and provide signposting in cases of welfare and criminal allegations.
- You will receive world class training from an incredibly experienced officer who quite literally “wrote the book” on Police Friends, Victor Marshall OBE of the Police Superintendent’s Association.
- You will be supported by a case supervisor and have access to a support network.
- You will receive CPD training.
- You will have a manageable case load.
Any rank is eligible to apply, regardless of patrol status, all we ask is that you care about special constables being treated fairly and are willing to stand up for their rights.
You must be in good standing with your police service. There is a box on the short survey (below) to disclose any investigations/complaints/findings, and each case will be judged on its merits. We are all serving special constables – so we understand.
- Commit to volunteering as a police friend for a minimum of 2 years.
- Attend the training and act in the best interests of the members you support at all times.
- Communicate regularly with both the member and your case supervisor.
If you are interested in becoming a Police Friend, please complete the short survey by clicking on the link below.
Police Friend Expression of Interest (Opens in new window)